Energy Efficient Water Heater Options
SERVING VANCOUVER WA | CAMAS | WOODLAND | BATTLE GROUND
Water heaters represent one of the modern conveniences every home should have. They ensure that clean, heated water can be reliably produced without the need to heat water using a stove or a microwave.The problem is that water heaters tend to be one of the greater sources of energy waste. The wrong water heater can use double the energy that other energy efficient water heaters might use. Let’s take a brief look at your water heater options before exploring what might make a particular water heater more energy efficient.
Tank Or Tankless Water Heater?
There are two main options when it comes to water heaters: The traditional and more common Tank models and newer energy efficient Tankless water heaters.
- Tank water heaters are the traditional type of water heater. They take a large amount of water, then proceed to heat that water up slowly. They then maintain that heat by constantly warming the water to compensate for heat loss. If you use a small amount of water each day, then tank water heaters may represent an incredibly inefficient solution.
- Tankless water heaters are a newer type of water heater that aim to heat the water near to the outlet. This means that they are typically installed in a garage or mechanical room.The major advantage of Tankless heaters is the fact that they can save you an incredible amount of money depending upon your usage habits. They can also cost more than traditional heaters if you do not have the right type of Tankless heater installed, as some heaters may require the pilot light to be lit every time they are used.
Choose The Right Water Heater For Your Home
While picking the right type of water heater is important to ensure that you keep your energy costs low, there are situations where some heaters will perform better than others in all cases.
These water heaters tend to be energy efficient water heaters that come with various accreditations such as the Energy Star seal.
The benefits of these energy efficient heaters include:
- Maintaining lower standby costs – This helps to decrease the cost of using tank or Tankless water heaters. These may use less energy to light pilot lights, maintain a standby temperature, or have higher insulation from the outside temperatures.
- Lower costs to heat water – Some energy efficient water heaters are designed in ways that heat water more efficiently than other units. This can lead to substantially lower costs when compared to the operational costs of other heaters.
- Longer lifespans – Some energy efficient water heaters have longer operational lifespans when maintained properly. This can allow the overall costs of energy efficient units to be mitigated when compared to the durability of more traditional heaters.
Energy Saving Water Heater Options
When it comes to saving energy, energy efficient units tend to be the best way save on your utility bills.
To learn more about your energy efficient plumbing solutions, or to schedule an appointment for an estimate, contact Henco Plumbing Services by calling (360) 773-8039 today.